What is a Tax Audit and Tax investigation?
A tax audit is a review performed by the Inland Revenue Board of Malaysia (IRBM) on a taxpayer’s business and financial records to ensure that the right amount of income has been declared in accordance with the prevailing tax laws and regulations.
Tax investigation is a more severe form of review performed by the Inland Revenue Board (IRB) on a taxpayer’s business and financial records.
Tax Audit and Tax Investigation – How can we help?
We have a team of experienced tax specialists well known for successfully handling tax audit and investigation cases.
We provide end-to-end service at all stages of audit and investigations ranging from identifying the issues, liaising with authorities and assisting with the negotiations leading to the closure of the case. If the Inland Revenue Board of Malaysia (IRBM) conducts a field audit or a surprise visit at your business premise, we will be there to support you in dealing with the Inland Revenue Board of Malaysia (IRBM).
We cover the following areas of audit and investigation:
- Assess the company’s stance on its current tax positions
- Identity potential tax risks on tax positions taken by the company
- Provide in-depth research into the issues raised by the IRBM
- Manage the appeal process and procedures in dealing with the IRBM
- Seek for an amicable settlement before or after audit findings are issued
- Advice on alternative avenues (i.e. Dispute Resolution Proceeding (DRP) of the IRBM, Special Commissioner of Income Tax, judicial review) if the IRBM issues an assessment.
- Represent companies in dealing with the DRP to obtain an amicable settlement without resorting to the Courts